kate the dreamer Releases New Music Video For “Plastic Heart Pt. 1 & Pt. 2”

kate the dreamer lives up to her name with a dreamy new music video for “Plastic Heart Pt. 1” and “Pt. 2.”

The first video, scored by “Pt. 1” of the self-reflective pair of songs, shows kate wandering through a forest and scaling mountains, singing the self-searching lyrics. The verses’ production is hazy, matching the fairytale-esque feel the singer’s outfits and movements have. As heavier guitar riffs enter in the chorus, we see kate rocking out, exorcizing her demons. 

As kate the dreamer sings, “You’re not gonna save me / I don’t need your bravery,” the camera moves upward slowly, making her appear to take flight into the cloudless sky above her. 

“Plastic Heart Pt. 2” sees kate on her knees in the same forest, furiously digging as the sun goes down. The track, a woozy instrumental that makes the listener feel like they’re waking up from a dream, contrasts with the urgency kate has as she digs. 

By the end of the video, kate uncovers what she’s been looking for: her plastic heart, splattered with blood. 

Both parts of “Plastic Heart” portray the way it can feel to truly look at yourself, warts and all, and end up liking what you see. 

Read our interview with kate and her inspiration for the tracks here.

Check out kate the dreamer’s videos for “Plastic Heart Pt. 1 and 2” here!

Share:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn

Reply

Editor | Staff Journalist

India McCarty is a music journalist from Charleston, SC. She graduated with a degree in journalism from Belmont University, where she was a frequent contributor to the school newspaper, The Belmont Vision. She has been published by Soundigest, Bandtwango, Alternatively Pop, and TheThings.com. She loves pop music, and is always on the lookout for new artists and songs that experiment with the genre.

Popular Posts

Read More